Tuesday, June 11

mr sunshine, send me a ray or two...

so yesterday I felt a little sorry for myself, i knew i would, but then I had hatched a cunning plan to overcome this the previous night. i declared yesterday to be 'frock making day', a little carrot to dangle in front of me as i drove home from my dr appointment.

ever since i made my dottie angel sunshiney frock a few weeks back i have wished to make another, and another, and another, but alas and alack, i have not. so yesterday was the perfectly perfect time to do such a thing and in doing so i turned a crappity crappy day into a happity happy day! oh that's the spirit Tif...


when i had made my sunshiney 'jolly brighty' frock it made me feel all nice and fuzzy inside. i was particularly giddy about the hmong vintage embroidery bit, which i added a few french knots to, late afternoon just prior to a swim in Mrs W. Machine. after all, the world is always a better place with a french knot or two.

i do like a french knot or two. "oh i know, so do i". do you really? "yes, i do"


i noted it wasn't all bad at all, sitting outside catching the last of the iffy sunny rays we are seeing these days, well not bad at all unless you count my sweet chicken Polly dying in the middle of it all which did cause a bit of an upset to the proceedings, as you can imagine. we are just down to one chicken now, Little Voice, tis true, it is a somewhat sad affair to look out at my back yard where once there were 6 happy chickie peas doing their free ranging thing and now there is but 1. my mother hen heart is quite cracked these days...

school gets out in one week, one week i say! gosh, darn it, i am quite sure the school year only just began a few weeks back. the clock is counting down to summer mode. i LOVE summer mode, i am a lazy parent in summer, i do not demand summer reading schedules nor do daily math quizzes, no sirree! i switch off the 6:30am alarm and turn into a sloth in summer clothing. time slows down and with it, me and my clan. i like it that way... now on the other hand, my man would have it quite a different way. he would like to have all sorts of daily tasks and activities lined up to keep the lads cogs turning. and quite right too, tis not good to let them completely ground to a halt. i hope this summer i can muster the energy to not be quite such a sloth and perhaps meet my man in a middle ground somewhere... but then again, surely summer is all about lazy hazy days with nothing planned so impromptu summer happenings can happen and school work is just a distant memory for 10 long weeks of freedom.

i digress because my head is in summer mode, summer mode bought on by summer sunshiney frocks which need to be worn! so Mr Sun, "HELLO HELLO" i'm here, i plan to be full on ready for your 'long term' arrival in this here part of our big globe. such is my love for you, i am making another frock just so i have 3, so i may alternate whilst the other 2 are hanging on the line drying... yes Mr Sun, i even threw caution to the wind and bought some granny sandals today, not clog sandals but granny sandals for when it gets tres hot and my feet start to swell (as they do when you are approaching the middle of the forties) and i just can't have anything but comfy 'made for grannies, with flexible inbuilt special needs' footwear upon my peds. "peds?" yes peds. isn't that correct?

a friend for a friend, who are looking for another friend, and do not believe the rumour 'twos company, threes a crowd'
just like the good old days of dottie angel... 
some may think i was 'touched' by the sun's iffy rays yesterday, and some may be right, but others just may say "tis okay, just Tif rambling on, without a rhyme or a reason, proving some days she may be down, but she ain't never ever out"